Frequently Asked Questions
For the moment, CareerProfessor App supports iOs 6.0 and later, only on iPhone.
CareerProfessor.works App supports Android 2.1 and up.
There is a desktop version of CareerProfessor.works app for registered users.
I have downloaded the app but cannot log in. Why?
You can only log into the app if you have followed the link sent to you by your university and signed up on the CareerProfessor.works webpage – use the same log in details that you use for the website to log into the app.
I have logged in, but cannot continue from my previously reached level… what should I do?
Check your internet status; you need to be connected to the internet to be able to play the game.
Do the key questions affect my score in the game?
No, the key questions have no effect on your score. However, you need to answer them in order to progress in the game – they are there to help your university understand your needs (since they are graduated I suppose it’s better to say ‘your experiences’?) better.
My blue progress bar has disappeared and I had to start the same level from the beginning again. Why?
In order to pass each level, you have to answer a set of questions correctly within the given time limit. If you answer the question incorrectly, or run out of time, the progress bar resets.
If I switch topics, what will happen to my progress in levels?
Your progress will remain no matter how many times you switch topics.
How can I start playing from the lowest level again?
Reach the level of CareerProfessor, and then you may start the game again!
How to get access to the CareerProfessor App:
- The CareerProfessor app is part of the CareerProfessor.works online-tool, which is provided for free by your university.
- If your university has not yet acquired CareerProfessor.works, you can send a request to us via this link, and we will contact your university on your behalf. If you prefer to contact your university yourself, please refer them to this page.
- Once your university has registered with us, you will be able to play the app by registering on the website.
How to Play?
- There are 3 topics to choose from: Job Hunting, Social interaction, and Business. During the game, you are free to change the topics at any time.
- Each topic consists of questions which help you to succeed in the (international) job market through understanding other cultures and what is required from you in the job hunting process as well as in the work environment.
- In total, there are 9 levels before you reach CareerProfessor level. There is a reward for every new level that helps you excel in your future career.
- You will reach a new level once you have answered a sequence of questions correctly within the given time limit. A key question at the end of every level unlocks the next level.
- If you answer a question incorrectly, you will have to start from the beginning of the level you are currently in.
- Once you have completed all 9 levels and become a CareerProfessor, you can restart the game. There are over a thousand different questions to test your knowledge!
+31 (0)104 776 816